Humour denied... T-shirts alleged to ‘promote communism’
BRUCE Lee signifies communism.
Or at least, that's what one trader learnt yesterday, after his T-shirt stall at Central Market was raided by a team from the Publication and Quranic Texts Control Division of the Home Ministry.
The trader, Patrick Saw, was told the ministry had taken a decision to clamp down on anything indicating the "promotion" of communism.
So, while Saw's T-shirts portray humorous parodies of current issues or play on English words, the Ministry officials still confiscated T-shirts with images of Bruce Lee depicted in four frames and Mao Zedong portrayed as "Mickey Maos"
__________________
I can imagine Bruce Lee and Chin Peng hanging out in the Mamak stall in the 50s.
...............
Bruce: Kanninahbehlu . How are you lar C.P???
ChinPeng: Nothing lar.. as usual. Thinking of how to get the Angmor British out of this country.
Bruce: Haiya, those fella...relek lar brother... sooner or later they will go away one.
ChinPeng: You also think like those morons in that Perikatan. Without fight and struggle, we can never achieve independence lar...
Bruce: I know Kung Fu, but I promote Peace. We only use Kung Fu to defend, not to fight.
Chin Peng: That time the Japanese come and torture us, where were you lar???? Went to Hollywood also didn't take me along.
Bruce: Ninahbeh lu. I was there to pick up Angmor chick mar. That's why no time to layan lu. Waste your time only fighting for Malaya. Later they kick you out of this country also.
Chin Peng: Where can...... I am Hero leh.... I save the country from colonial masters... I got Chinese and Malay in my team... why would they want to kick me out of this country???
Bruce: You see lar... Later they will accuse you for being a murderer.... As usual lar... you'll have to seek refuge in another country... Malaya will not accept you.
Chin Peng: I don't believe lar... I AM HERO..... You are just some Kung Fu Actor..YOU ARE ZERO.
Bruce: OK lar.. I think I better go back to Hong Kong and do my new show.. Enter The Dragon.. No time to layan you....after people here call me Communist.
Chin Peng: Belah lar lu... Pengkhianat... Go back to your stupid Hong Kong and Hollywood dream lar.... I stay here and become HERO.
Bruce: OK lar.. me Zero...you Hero.... we'll see in 50 years time. History will say I am HERO, and you are ZERO.
Chin Peng: NIAMAHFULAT!!!
Bruce: Relek lar brother... just telling you the reality..... 2 years later, you'll be eating Ubi Kayu everyday when those fella try to kick you out.... then you'll know the pain.
Chin Peng: I don't believe... I AM HERO.
Bruce: I will definitely be a HERO. But on TV. Not you...You sure CIALAT wan... Makan Ubi Kayu la......HAHHAHAHAHA.
Chin Peng: PUKITIANG LU..... OK OK OK lar brader... We'll see lar how
Bruce: (getting the bill) Mamak!!! Kira.......

No comments:
Post a Comment