Pretty much like saying 'White can't dance'. It's probably culturally-correct.Some would have said, "the darker ur skin, the better you dance". It's just my observation. So I think, by saying the 'Height of your hand Raised when you do your dance in your culture", I'm trying to minimize my offensiveness.
What I'm implying in the 'height of the hand raised' during their respective dance is measured by the amount of time spent on a certain height. E.G. "Chinese spend a majority of their fan dance with their hands on waist level- and I would say, that's the height of hand raise for that dance"
It is merely cultural observation. I am not condemning anyone.
As Johnny Rotten sang in a song "I could be wrong, I could be right, I could be Black, I could be White". Correct me and forgive me if I'm wrong. If you think I'm right, give me "Culture-Observation-Award
_______________________
- Caucasian
Whiteman can't dance huh??? Look at all the dance invented by the whites, Polka,Line-dancing,Riverda
White-dance is all about feet movement; and never about hand movement.
They might as well just tuck their hands in the pocket ------or simply amputate it, after all it is not used for dancing (just kidding).
- Oriental Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Vi
The Mellow-Yellow skinned Asians had long have the tradition of slow feet movement and gracious hands movement. If you look carefully at the Chinese or Japanese fan-dance, you'll see that the hands are most of the time at waist level. Just a notch better than the 'hand-in-the-pocket-polka-
- Indo-China Thai/Laotian
Thai's traditional dance is probably one of the most gracious dance in the world. It's more about body language then dancing. The hands are raised up to belly level in display of graciousness in most time. These dance are amongst the slowest dance moves in the world.
- Malay-Archipelago Malays/Indonesian
The traditional dance of in the Malay Archipelago such as Malaysia and Indonesia shows a gentler body swing in its movement. As in 'Joget', it is done by swinging the hands back and forth from waist level to chest level. It's a bit faster and 'rancak'. The sexier version of the dance 'Dangdut' is also well-known to dance at about this hand-raise height; except, more interaction between the male and female. 'Dangdut' is about 'getting-jiggy' with one another.
- South American Latin
South American are well-known for their ability to shake. Like Samba and Salsa, male or female dance smoothly at fast-pace speed. Their hand-raised-height is a lot higher at times between chest and shoulder level.
- Indian Punjabi/Tamil
Punjabi dance are well-known for their constant hand-raised above shoulder level. They flap their hands so much that I thought they were mimicking a flapping bird flying.
We've seen this quite often in Bollywood movies; and certainly Bollywood is the testimony to why Indian are good dancers. The Tamil is equivalently good in dancing too.
- African-American
We've constantly seem in the Hip-Hop rap video where the everyone 'raised their hands in the air and wave it like they just don't care'. The hand raised is pretty 'straight up' in the air with a motion down which is always above head level. Yes.. you always hears them saying in the club "Put Your Hands in the Air"... then they say "Get Down". Remember not to duck.
- African
The Tribal dance of African, particularly the Zulu tribe requires constant 'Pogo-ing' (prancing up and down) with their hands straight up in the air. They are constantly trying to reach the sky with their hands when they jump...... Even their feet are in the air at time.... (just take a look at the picture above).
__________________________
So... How's my observation??????
Darker skin tone = Higher Hand Raise in the Air when You Dance????
Is Melanin a catalyst to how well we dance????? Or how high you raise your hands when you dance????
I really don't know.









No comments:
Post a Comment