From The Star 2nd May 2009
Swine flu tag now called A(H1N1)
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will now refer to the swine flu as influenza A(H1N1) in line with a move by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
“It was earlier called swine flu because it was believed to have originated from pig farms in Mexico,” said Health Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai in explaining the name change.
“For the name change, we are just abiding by WHO’s recommendation,” he told the press after recording a public service announcement on preventive measures for the flu outbreak at the Red FM studio yesterday.
The exact origin of the virus is still unknown.
Foreign wires had earlier reported that WHO was re-examining the name of the virus after complaints that the term was causing an unjustified clampdown on the pork trade.
Foreign health experts had said the virus cannot be transmitted by eating pork despite its original name of “swine flu,” believed to be a new strain which combined bird, swine and common human influenza.
________________
I was reading this earlier today. And I thought, this is really weird.
I'm not the only person with this bizarre thought; I actually heard the same thing from Jay Leno later today as a joke.
Read the last paragraph from above; "... Foreign health experts had said the virus cannot be transmitted by eating pork...."
What were the Mexican been doing with their pigs?
If they did not get infect from consumption, I'm assuming that there must be an activity with pigs that they had been doing....
SEX?
YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE…. TQVM
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment