Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's with the Academy Award Censorship?

Anyone who watched the 81st Academy Award on Astro would have noticed that there are a lot of censored speeches.

They censored speeches that has element of Homosexuality and also anything to do with Christianity (since most of them thank Jesus). There are some censored speeches which I can't figure out what's its about.
I can't be bothered to check the full speeches on the internet... but I know they censored them....

I don't know... maybe they decided to censor Jews..... Considering the sentiment on Palestine right now, all Jews who won an Oscars must not be heard. After all, there are always some jews in every movie.

When the mute goes on, it became quite bizarre to watch their lips move but you can't hear anything.

Did the censorship board just move into Astro and control every single shows?

What's with the censorship????? This is the first time I can't hear the word Gay or Jesus on Academy Award (it's not like I want to hear that on purpose, but it's just bizarre to censor it)

..........

Oh.. Slumdog Millionaire...What an overrated movie.

I think Danny Boyle did a better job on Trainspotting.

And on a completely different note, DEV PATEL(Jamal Malik in Slumdog) is not a muslim in real life.

No comments: