Cantonese: "San Hai Kui, Guai Tou Hai Kui"
I came across this popular Chinese Phrase/Proverb:- loosely translated in English as "He's the God, He's also the Ghost" which means- a person who claimed to have two personalities/abilities.
I remember how the Malaysian Cina here used to refer these people in BM: "Tuhan dia, Hantu pun dia".
E.g:
-Itu budak tadi kata dia boleh berenang, sekarang kata dia boleh terbang. Tuhan dia, Hantu pun dia.
-Rosmah cakap dia bodoh tapi tak hodoh. Tuhan dia, Hantu pun dia.
It coincidentally phrased well.
_________________
Coincident?
If you observe the two words "TUHAN"(GOD) and "HANTU"(GHOST) carefully, you'll realized that they are anagrammatic to each other.
They are also a mirrored phrase of TU ...and.... HAN .... Mixed in different way.
How did the person who coined this words made them the way they are?
Is it done on purpose, or just pure concidence?
Did he/she actually pictured "TUHAN" and "HANTU" as a mirror to each other?
Was "HANTU" originally intended to mean 'the Devil'; so that they can mirror GOD?
_________________
The Replacement Words
However, Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka was quick to insert new words. They plan to make it either obsolete or more diverse.
For instance, they now imported the Arabic "A" word to replace "Tuhan". That's perfectly fine. After all, the "A" word is important in their daily life.
Knowing that HANTU was too close to TUHAN, they were quick to give HANTU many other names. Such as "JEMBALANG", "MOMOK" or "ORANG GHAIB/BUNIAN".
________________
Is TUHAN the same standard as HANTU in the older days?
That's something for Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka to decide.
If they want to make BM relevant in the society, they must do something to improve the language.
________________
Why do I sound like I have a problem with BM?
I don't. I can speak just as well as many Malay. I'm just more thoughtful than many. My 2cents can improve the national language.
Majulah HANTU untuk NEGARA!!!
YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE…. TQVM
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment