Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Generosity" is the wrong choice of word for Chinese School Donation Drive.

From The Star 8th August 2009

Rosmah praises generosity of Chinese businessmen in helping Chinese schools

KUALA LUMPUR: The generosity of Chinese businessmen and well-meaning individuals in aiding the development of Chinese schools should be commended and emulated, said the Prime Minister’s wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.

"We have seen many times how they are willing to extend their contributions, be it through monetary donations or materials, to help the development of Chinese schools.

"Such attitude should be commended and exemplified by others, especially by corporate individuals," she said at the SJKC Khai Chee Caring and Sharing charity dinner last night.


__________________________
_

I'm sure most of you had heard of Chinese School Donation Drives everywhere around Malaysia.

I don't know how the culture of donation for Chinese School came about, but it has been around for a very long.

I've never been to a Chinese school all my life; I grew up studying in Sekolah 'Campur' Kebangsaan.

However, I am insulted that Rosmah sees these donation drive as something positive.

Let me tell you why she shouldn't have said all that.
-Chinese schools are limited in Malaysia; making it one of the most sought after schools in the country.
-Government threw the LEAST budget on all Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan.
-Due to financial constrains, these schools are always under-infrastructured and under-staffed.
-The businessmen are doing it as part of their "business community" PR work. Or shall I say, Corporate Social Responsibility".

I think the word GENEROUS is wrongly used.
It should be "SYMPATHY".

If you look at how our government allocate budgets for Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan, you'll know that all Chinese school are under-financed.

To be honest, some of the teachers in those schools are PAID WITH THESE DONATION MONEY.

The schools are so underbudgeted for any form of infrastructure (be it tables, chairs or even blackboard) need to be financed internally. Without these donation money, they would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

__________________________

That frikkin MICHELIN MAN, as someone who 'represents the Government'; how dare 'he' looked at these donation in the perspective of positivity.

'HE' should have criticized it and bring about the BAD NEWS to the Ministry of Education.

"Why would they need to have Donation Drive if the government support these schools????"

__________________________

The reasons that Chinese School fanning Chinese racial agenda is not true.

Sekolah 'Campur' Kebangsaan is the one fanning racial agenda into their programs. If Malay, Chinese and Indian are united, the present government would not be able to rule based on races.

No comments: