Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deaths in Gaza VS Road Accidents in Malaysia

Everyone in Malaysia is worried about the war situation in Gaza. Has anyone even stopped to think about the accident rate in Malaysia????

On the third quarter of 2008, the total road accidents is 93781 (Source: Royal Malaysian Police). That's approximately 1031 per day.

Fatality rate is quite high too. It can shoot up to 300 deaths per day, especially during festive season.

__________________________


In the 16 days Israeli offensive in Gaza, 885 people have been killed and another 3620 had been wounded (Source: AP). That's approximately 55 deaths and 226 injured per day.

__________________________

Oh yes.. Chinese New Year is just around the corner... we're going to have more people die from Balik Kampung than people that we don't know die in Gaza.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still sympathetic toward the Palestinians. Words can't describe how it feels like to be in their shoe. But I'm still highlighting an important point...that is..... JANGAN JAGA TEPI KAIN ORANG SAHAJA...KAIN SENDIRI TAK JAGA......


I know I'm looking at the issue on a different perspective.... DO YOUR CHARITY... GIVE YOU 2 CENTS WORTH OPINIONS AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.....

What matter most is what happen in Malaysia......

No comments: