Sunday, January 4, 2009

Malaysian Protest in front of Palestinian Embassy......hmmmmmm...

From The Star 3rd Jan 2009
Protest against Gaza attacks

KUALA LUMPUR: Hundreds of people gathered at separate locations nationwide to protest against the Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip that have killed more than 400 Palestinians.

Barisan Nasional Youth representatives, led by its deputy chairman Khairy Jamaluddin, turned up in full force at the Palestinian Embassy here yesterday with other non-governmental and youth organisations to denounce the attacks.

_______________

I fully condemn the irresponsible attacks by the Israel military.....it's a crime against humanity.. While I fully support any form condemnation toward Israel and ways to help the Palestinians.... I actually don't support retaliations....

........

Somehow, I realized the irony of Malaysian protesting in front of Palestinian Embassy when I read from a status note of a friend of mine.

Shouldn't they be gathering in front of the Israelis?

Firstly, it was the Israelis who attacked the Palestinian.

Common sense tells us, if someone do something wrong, you curse and shout against the person in front of the person. You don't go to the victim to do that.

Now... our friends turned up IN FULL FORCE in front of Palestinian Embassy...... In pretty congested area too....I know most of these politicians are there for publicity purposes.

If I were the Palestinian government, I would be happy for the support..... but at the same time.... I would be annoyed too.... Come on... These guys gather and shout out loud at the time when Palestinians wants something more than that..... They want backups in form of donations or military supports....

I somehow thinks that it would make more sense if they had gathered in front of US Embassy to pass a Memo to them instead of the Palestinians.

1 comment:

Muslim said...

Hi,
I'm a Palestinian who joined that gathering last friday..
First thing is that, as a Palestinian I appreciate any effort that supports my cause.. even though the gathering was not large, Malaysians proved loyal to their brothers in Gaza.. I really appreciate this effort and any other effort including the demo by some Islamic parties and NGO's last Tuesday!
Secondly, I strongly condemn the attitude of the "Palestinian" ambassador who ordered protesters to put down the pictures and placards of Hamas leaders and Martyrs! for God's Sake, who is defending Gaza and the Palestinians now?? It's Hamas!
regardless of the political view i and many Palestinians who joined the demo might have, we all condemn the irresponsible behavior of our ambassador! In fact, this event proved that this ambassador does not represent all Palestinians, on the contrary, he represents a bunch of Fatah and PLO members who would sell and negotiate the giving up of Palestinian rights!
Finally, I thank you "Gord's Bizarre Rants" for posting this topic... at least u care about the cause..

please read more on what happend in the embassy at my blog:
http://muslim4islam.blogspot.com/

TQ