I have friends from Sabah and Sarawak.
Being West Malaysian (Oh yeah.... West Side!!!! *give you the W sign with my fingers*), I do have sympathy for them. Economical development in this country is clearly unfavorable to them.
Being the two biggest states in Malaysia (post 1963), Sabah and Sarawak has abundance of resources that can be use by itself to generate more state income.
With that, it can develop itself and create much more vibrant state capitals such as Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. I guess they could be better off without us. But Hey, that's their calls too.
Unfortunately, the Federal Government had concentrated the collection of national income (in form of taxes) to build our National Capital; with heavy wastages in Mega Projects which is'intrinsicly-non-beneficial' to the poors.
You can imagine our friends there would've been pissed off and said:
"Hello...*knock knock*, our Kayu Balak ar... all send over to KL to build your bloody towers ah??"
Federal Government..to us, West Malaysian, we call them KL or Putrajaya bosses..
but.. Sabahan and Sarawakian call them Semenanjung(peninsular) people ....
Being West Malaysian (Oh yeah.... West Side!!!! *give you the W sign with my fingers*), I do have sympathy for them. Economical development in this country is clearly unfavorable to them.
Being the two biggest states in Malaysia (post 1963), Sabah and Sarawak has abundance of resources that can be use by itself to generate more state income.
With that, it can develop itself and create much more vibrant state capitals such as Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. I guess they could be better off without us. But Hey, that's their calls too.
Unfortunately, the Federal Government had concentrated the collection of national income (in form of taxes) to build our National Capital; with heavy wastages in Mega Projects which is'intrinsicly-non-benefic
You can imagine our friends there would've been pissed off and said:
"Hello...*knock knock*, our Kayu Balak ar... all send over to KL to build your bloody towers ah??"
Federal Government..to us, West Malaysian, we call them KL or Putrajaya bosses..
but.. Sabahan and Sarawakian call them Semenanjung(peninsular) people ....
Some Old Traditional Ibanese Uncle:
"I swear I sumpit across the sea to you bastards from Semenanjung... give me back my tax money... It's my hard-earned money from hunting, you assholes!!!!..."
"I swear I sumpit across the sea to you bastards from Semenanjung... give me back my tax money... It's my hard-earned money from hunting, you assholes!!!!..."
__________________________
I was once in an International Student Night event.. and there was a round table where you can see asian, caucasion and african on the same table...Incidentally, the MC of the night approach the table.
MC guy said " Hey guys, introduce yourself, where are you guys from????"
*He point the microphone to each person; in which they replied:-
Person1: Nigeria
Person2: Bulgaria
Person3: I'm Scottish..cheers.... (with undeniably irritating Scottish accent)
Person4: from Kuching, Sarawak.. yo yo.. Sarawakian in the House yall!!!!! (african american wannabe)
Person5: Sabahan..
Person 6: I'm from Japan...Arigato Gozaimas
.......*MC paused for a while...
With one arm stretch open, The MC then said
" WELCOME TO MALAYSIAAaAaAAaAaAAAAAaaaa
.......
I think our East Malaysian friends would've been pissed. But Hey,......................
Welcome to MalaysiAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaA
.... in 1963 (with TWO arms wide open).. gimme a hug..
Sarawakian and Sabah used to travel to the Peninsular by using a passport. Now, they roam freely here.
__________________________
I once asked a friend from Sarawak a question.
I asked " Yo dude.... Take a wild guess... what is the Biggest Island in Malaysia?????"
My Sarawak Friend think......." ermm..... Langkawi?????"
"Tetttt.. Wrong!" I say, quickly give him the answer "..... it's....... Borneo"
My Sarawak Friend ".........................
**Fact: Borneo is the third largest Island in the World. Wiki that.
Yes... you can call our West Malaysian friend..... "Island People"
The same way you can call Penangites.... "Island People.... do the Island thing"
__________________________
You won't understand how it felt to be an 'economy-outcast' in Malaysia, unless you are amongst the poors in Sabah and Sarawak. With lowest average GDP per capita in those states, they have the rights to say to our Federal Government "Where did my Kayu Balak go????"
I would have said... It went to some newspaper company owned by your Balak-Tycoons over there. Also to a lot of Towers in KL built by your Balak-Tycoons too. All the nice Timbers in the country are sold and used by Tycoons but are only economically beneficial to Kuala Lumpur.
What about the other resources... Oil..... went to Petronas
Plantations(palm oil, peppers)????????
How about Beautiful Girls from Sabah and Sarawak......... went to Semenanjung Malaysia too?????????....hehehehe.





No comments:
Post a Comment