It's easy to point your fingers at the obvious.
In Malaysia, we often blame the biggest and the most powerful person/organization for their failure in yielding performance.
With this, UMNO is the ultimate scapegoat for all causes. They practically dominate politically.
When you dominate politically, you indirectly dominate economically.
Economical domination by whom?????? Not by Malay in general..... By UMNO and a smaller group of their non-Malay companions.
Under the political umbrella of UMNO, many has regarded their Malay Supremacist position as something guaranteed in this country; giving them the extra edge in many area.
Many Non-Malays sees this political culture as a 'spoon-feeding' effect. When you're given things easily, you'll not work hard for it. (I should probably rant about this more when I'm in the mood)
Non-Malays sees the Malay Supremacist position as a detrimental effect to the country's economy. It made them feel like a slave who worked hard for other people in this country... where, coincidentally they are citizen.
Hence, instead of blaming UMNO.... Non-Malays blame the Malays...... Thinking to themselves "Malay lar... they run this country wut..."
This mentality from Non-Malays lead to stereotyping......
Instead of blaming a political party, the Non-Malays blamed the entire population of Malay; with all sort of stereotypes attached......
How do we achieve ethno-unity when everyone blames each other???? Answer is... IMPOSSIBLE.
Political and Social issues must be resolved.
__________________________
Bangsa Malaysia- Real Race or Imaginary Race?
Malay would say "I am Malay"
Chinese would say "I am Chinese"
Indian would say "I am Indian"
Mamak would say "I am Malay"
Arab would say " I am Malay"
Chinese mix with Malay would say "I am Malay"
James Hetfield who marry a Malay wife would say "I am Malay"
It is just difficult for everyone to say "I am Malaysian".
Why is it difficult??????
Because, officially, you need to identify yourself in any applications related to applications of jobs to applications of University.
KAUM: Melayu/Cina/India/Dan Lain Lain
We go around telling people...specifically .... what ethnic group we are.....
How can Malaysian of Chinese origin ever be Malaysian when you keep calling them "CHINESE"???
Even the word means "THEY ARE FROM CHINA".
How can Malaysian of Chinese origin can every be Malaysian when THEY KEEP CALLING THEMSELVES CHINESE....
Chinese A: "Hi, I'm Chinese"
Foreigner B:"Oh.. which province are you from?"
A: "Selangor Darul Ehsan"
B:".......................
Ask the Chinese in China what they think of Malaysian of Chinese Origin... They would probably say "I don't give a damn.. they are not our citizens...mind your own business...."
So... where do Malaysian of Chinese origin stands???? Are they MALAYSIAN or CHINESE????
Malaysian of Chinese Origin had been struggling to be identified as a REAL CITIZEN in their new country and wished to be comfortably called home.. but there are some people who still prefer to identify them as "Pendatang".
..............THIS SAME CASE happen to the Indian and Dan Lain Lain ethnic as well..
Look at our neighbors; Indonesia, Thailand, Philippine......
Seen any people of Chinese origin who call themselves Chinese there?????????
We will need something more to foster a new race called Bangsa Malaysia- The Malaysian Race.
We need everyone to acknowledge each other as Malaysian... Instead of Malay, Chinese, Indian, Dan Lain lain and Alien.
Even when we're done with this Malaysian Race concept... will it ever be a REAL RACE??
Or just FICTIONAL.
Will Bangsa Malaysia every be REAL????????
That would require INTERBREEDING and NEUTRALIZING RELIGIONS to make it happen.
In INDONESIA... it's very hard to find a 100% Chinese Bloodline Indonesian.
Without RACIAL REMOVAL in this country... we will always stick to our own CLANS...
....like Tribal Warfare..... Malay fight Chinese... Chinese Fight Indian... Indian Fight Malay....
Ini ZAMAN apa????? 2008 lar beb....Age of GLOBALIZATION
__________________________
Malay Support Malay, Chinese Support Chinese, Indian Support Indian... blablabla
Systematically, under Barisan National ruling, the country are split into component parties to govern the 'imaginary component races'.
UMNO support Malay
MCA support Chinese
MIC support Indian
What the hell????
SUPPORT SUPPORT.......SAPOT SAPOT SAPOT.....
SAPOT my ass...
Go buy Underwears to SAPOT your balls...
Go buy Bras to SAPOT your boobs....
....
If we keep supporting each other by race identification....We will lose out eventually...
How are we going create Bangsa Malaysia???
When Melayu SAPOT Melayu
When Cinabeng SAPOT Cinabeng
When Macha SAPOT Macha
Then who SAPOT a friend of mine who's an Iban/Thai mix??
__________________________
Education... Big Problem...
The real reason why many Non-Malays refuse send their children to National school is because of the Standard of the National School.
But there are also a lot of bloody racist factors that are involved in the choice of Vernacular.... Even to a point.. it disgust me.....
Don't the Malay think that "it's a spit in the face" for Non-Malays to say National School have no standard????
I vividly remember in my school.. the teachers are simply..... AVERAGE....yes.. Not good.. Not a complete idiot...... but.. NOT OUTSTANDING...
I personally think the National School should teach high standard Chinese and Indian.
Also improve on the quality of teaching...
With that... The Non-Malays will give in..Dong Jiao Zhong will give up.....and send their children to Sekolah KEBANGSAAN.. with that..everyone is UNITED....
Then maybe BANGSA MALAYSIA can be achieved.
........
the problem also arise from the Non-Malays..... who treasure their roots so much...refused to learn the Malay culture excessively..... That's one big problem.....
Actually.... the root to this problem... is how the Government bring people together through education...
Obviously... Gomen kita... fail..... One Big PANGKAH to them......
When we don't unite in the same HIGH STANDARD EDUCATION... how to foster BANGSA MALAYSIA??
__________________________
My CULTURE is more Superior that Yours....OH REALLY?????
As aforementioned in the Education System, Non-Malays wanted to learn a High Standard education in the language of their origin......why????
Because... Last time.... "THE REAL PENDATANG" who're not born here... were rooted heavily on their culture..... they refuse to have their culture dissipated in a new country..... so they set their own education standard using their mother tongue...
Even Malays don't want their culture to dissappear....
they eventually...... have CULTURAL CLASH with others....
This CULTURAL CLASH will never be resolved.... owing mainly to the RELIGION FACTOR.....
Not many Malays wants to be more Chinese...
Not many Chinese wants to be more Indian...
Not many Indian wants to be more Malay...
Now...come on lar brader.... at least 3 to 5 generations liow.... Why can't we get together and form a REAL MALAYSIAN CULTURE....
Buat lat Special BLEND culture....
All the OLDER GENERATION...especially BABY BOOMERS will not let go of their culture.....
I HOPE... the new generation will be able to foster new Race.
__________________________
Failure of Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka
This is also part of heritage and education problem.....Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka...has never enriched the Malay language to be more competitive...something that give the Wow Factor to the Non-Malays...
Dewan also hardly promote the language to be STRONG language in BUSINESS.....
Macam mana Non-Malays want to adopt?????
Till today... other than Government Official documents... all others are in English....
Macam COLONIAL TIME saja.......
__________________________
HOW..... BANGSA MALAYSIA.....Can or NOT?

1 comment:
Very well written. I often introduce myself as a Malaysian when I am in overseas. I am afraid of being mistaken as a Chinese from China which I don't want to associate myself with. I am very sick that we still have to fill up our race and religion in various forms and even our CVs in Malaysia. Are we so divided by race and religion? If terrorists decide to attack us one day, do they matter whether we are Chinese, Malay, Indian or "Dan Lain Lain"? They will turn you into charcoals regardless of your race and religion!!!
Post a Comment