Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Landslide Rescue Workers: Fear and Looting in Bukit Antarabangsa

From Malaysiakini

'She would be alive if they had helped'
Dec 9, 08 2:50pm

In a frantic attempt to save his wife, a 31-year-old executive was forced to dig through the earth with his bare hands until his fingers bled.

He felt a sense of relief when rescue personnel arrived at the scene. But to his horror, they refused to help him, apart from throwing him a spade.
...........................
However, Selangor police chief Khalid Abu Bakar came to the defence of the rescue personnel, citing their lack of training as a reason.
...........................
Wong's husband, Ng Yong Shun, 56, also accused the rescue personnel of looting his house and consuming his expensive wine.

He claimed that when he returned to the house on Sunday morning, he was shocked to discover several men in uniform lying on his bed, smoking and drinking his wine.

__________________________
_

I didn't get to go in to see how bad the condition of the landslide is even when I was around there. But from the chaos around, I can tell, it's pretty bad.


It's kinda hard to believe that the rescuers arrived at the scene just to give the man who tried to rescue his trapped wife; their rescue equipment.... a SPADE....(The last time I use a spade was to make sand castle when I was young).....

"Hey man, dig your dead dog out yourself" That's what that fellow probably said to the man who has BLEEDING FINGERS trying to rescue a dog (assuming the rescuer mistaken him for rescuing a dog).

Would you BLEED YOUR FINGERS and RISK YOUR LIFE saving a DOG? Maybe..... I'm sure when I see you doing that, it must be something a lot more precious than a DOG down there.


If these buggers are not trained rescuers, then they shouldn't be around there. What's more?? They arrived at the scene FIRST. ........to drop SPADES for VICTIMS ...for the purpose of SELF RESCUE in Uniform?????????

Yeah... SPADES...like it's going to crush concrete blocks or tiles. Even construction workers don't use SPADE.

One construction worker from Bangladesh pointed at an item and asked me "Apa tu?"
I said "Spade". He asked again "Untuk apa? main pasir ar??? Kasi cangkul lar...."

..................................

Hey, guess what????? The rescue team even have time to get HIGH on the scene.

Wow, ......DRINK expensive wines somemore ......."KAMPAI!!!!"

They must have been trained to DRINK ON DUTY.... One would have said "We worked BEST when we're HIGH"
Another said "FINDERS KEEPERS"
I'm not sure what religion these guys professed. This is the first time I heard people stealing at landslide scenes; but be a trend here.

Loot loot loot (that's the sound of the guzzled expensive wine going down their throats unappreciated)

.....................................

YES, WE NEED MORE TRAINED EMERGENCY RESCUE TEAM. The one that actually sworn to risk their life and save people; and don't loot.

This is an incident on the smaller scale.. and these guys screwed up.....
Imagine a disaster like Earthquakes and Hurricane in the middle of K.L....
The chaos would be started by the Rescue Teams, not Victims.

No comments: