My Biology teacher Puan X asked the entire class of Form 5 a pretty interesting question:
"Kita tahu Daging Lembu dan Susu Lembu mengandungi khasiat protein. Tapi, yang hairannya, rumput rumput yang Lembu makan ada selulosa dan fiber...tapi tak ada protein. Habis... Mana Lembu dapat proteinnya?"
(We all know that beef and cow milk are rich in protein. Oddly, the grass that cow consumed contain cellulose and fiber but does not contain any source of protein. Where do cows get their source of protein then?)
As usual, after any question, the entire class stayed dead silence. No one wanted to answer the question.
I scanned all my classmates faces. Some were curious, but clueless. Some were just not interested. Some were daydreaming. But, me ... I knew the answer, but I just couldn't give a damn about answering it. She'll threaten anyone who try to be smart against her offensively.
After a long pause. With no one answering, she gave the answers:
"Kadang kala, bila lembu makan rumput, ada belalang yang terperangkap di dalamnya yang turut dimakannya. Serangga jenis ini sangat tinggi kandungan proteinnya. Maka itu, Lembu dapat sumber proteinnya dari Belalang"
(Occasionally, when cows grazes , there are trapped grasshoppers that are consumed together. Insects has high protein source. With consumption of grasshoppers, cows get its source of protein.)
I'm like.....WTF???????? GRASSHOPPERS?????????? I was holding my laughter ALONE.
The class was still dead silence. I scanned the class again. Some of the faces looked like they agreed to the answer. Some looked fascinated, but agreeable. Some were still not interested and daydreaming.
Even the smartass Top Student in my class were seen nodding his head in agreement. Certainly, no one spotted the mistake... or laughed at her STUPIDITY.
You see... my classmates were the victims of her STUPIDITY. She made everyone believe that cows get their source of protein from grasshopper.
The real answer is : Cows synthesizes Amino Acid from the grasses. It has the the perfect digestion system to the job. Amino Acid is just a link away from being made to protein. IN FACT, Cows does get its protein source from the grasses.
The funny thing is : If cows were to rely on grasshoppers for protein. It would need to consume a lot of them per day (in thousands). Now, what are the chances of having a grasshopper trapped between the grass anyway? Grasshopper would easily leap off when predator arrive. With cow's slow reaction, it would not be able to consume even 1 grasshopper in its lifetime.
__________________________
I know most of my schoolmates wouldn't remember this. But it did happen. Along with other dumb things she had taught. She's lazy (always give relax session for no reason) and not up to standard (as proven above) in quality of teaching. If I were the principle of the school, she would be fired.
If that's the standard of Sekolah Kebangsaan. How to Maju lah??? No wonder everyone had to attend TUITION after school
.....COW EAT GRASSHOPPERS TO GET ITS PROTEIN SOURCE????
HAHAHAHAA... I still laugh til this day.

No comments:
Post a Comment